amilo-forum.com

Everything you need to know about Amilo and Lifebook laptops by Fujitsu

AMILO Pro V2010 battery will not work

All kinds of problems or malfunctions without known reason. Also general problems with the notebook as a whole.

AMILO Pro V2010 battery will not work

Postby Gra » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:26 am

Hi Guys

It's my first time on this board and I've been using my 2010 a lot this week but today I went to switch on with just the battery powering the unit and nothing happened. When I plugged it into the mains, all was ok. Although the battery meter was showing 100% charged, when I disconnected again the laptop just died as though the battery wasn't charged!

Has anyone any ideas on what could be causing this or what I can do (I have just intermediate technical knowledge)?? The laptop is about 2 years old and is used a bit haphazardly - sometimes all the time and other times it is not used for a couple of months if I am not travelling.
Thanks and regards.

Gra
User avatar
Gra
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:16 am
Location: London

Postby aspettl » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:50 pm

First try (as almost always) the hardware reset described in FAQ.
Does the connection itself look ok (esp. clean)?

Regards
Aaron
User avatar
aspettl
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1347
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:31 pm
Location: Germany
Notebook:
  • Lifebook E8020D

Postby Gra » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:57 am

Thanks Aaron, I've never come across this hardware reset solution and I normally keep clear of fiddling with the BIOS, so sorry if this is a silly question; if I do this reset, does it mean I have to reformat everything and re-do all my hardawre settings??
Thanks and regards.

Gra
User avatar
Gra
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:16 am
Location: London

Postby aspettl » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:43 am

No, no data will be lost.

Regards
Aaron
User avatar
aspettl
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1347
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:31 pm
Location: Germany
Notebook:
  • Lifebook E8020D

Postby Gra » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:50 pm

Many thanks for your advice Aaron, it's done the trick and its working on the battery again.

The only other thing I've noticed is that it charges haphazardly - i.e. one minute it's showing 80%, and a second later it's 100% charged and the charging light goes out, then it falls back to 80% and the charging light comes back on. It's the same at the other end - when the charge falls to 20% it can suddenly drop to 7% in a second!

Is this normal or does it indicate a problem with the battery or something?
Thanks and regards.

Gra
User avatar
Gra
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:16 am
Location: London

Postby aspettl » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:19 pm

It is definitely not normal, but you can try to charge and discharge the battery a few times (always ~5% to 100%, 100% to ~5%, ...).
Maybe this helps the electronic to "learn" the real capacity again.

Regards
Aaron
User avatar
aspettl
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1347
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:31 pm
Location: Germany
Notebook:
  • Lifebook E8020D

Postby Gra » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:23 pm

Hi again

The problem has suddenly started again and the battery just won't run. I tried the defaults as laid out in the FAQs and als in the manual but no success. Is it the battery and should I invest in a new one or are there any other tips I could try first???
Thanks and regards.

Gra
User avatar
Gra
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:16 am
Location: London

Postby aspettl » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:03 pm

Hi

Gra wrote:Is it the battery

I think so, but I'm not sure :?

Regards
Aaron
User avatar
aspettl
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1347
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:31 pm
Location: Germany
Notebook:
  • Lifebook E8020D


Return to General problems

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron